The Solstice Futon / 4-inch Latex Kids Mattress (2" natural latex + 2 " Organic Cotton/ PGwool) Description
Our Quilted Solstice Futon mattress has 2 inches of natural latex covered with a 2 inch layer of organic cotton & local PureGrow Wool quilting wrapped all around the mattress for added comfort and a more cushy feel. (See our section on "The benefits of wool" in the Learn section of our site). Then it is covered with a mattress cover of 100% organic cotton!
FACTS & FEATURES
• 100% natural latex - 2 inches
• Naturally mold and mildew resistant
• Naturally fire retardant with PureGrow Wool inside
• Our wool is locally and organically farmed in Sonoma County, Northern California from free and "happy" sheep.
• No pesticides or chemicals
• Two-sided mattress (can be flipped & turned)
• Does not require a boxspring
• Naturally adjusts to the contours of your body, providing gentle orthopedic support for proper spinal alignment
• 100% organic cotton cover
• Made in America!!
4'' high mattress - Sizes: Twin (38x75”), Twin-X Long (38x79”), Full (53x75”), Queen (60x79”), Dual-King (76x79”), and CA King (72x83”).
Please note: The $11 "California Recycle Fee" is now required by law for each new mattress and boxspring/foundation unit sold in California. It is used to fund the Used Mattress Recycling & Recovery program. This program was designed by the State of California to keep used mattresses out of our landfills and recycled into other useful products instead. For more information visit: http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/Mattresses/
You'll want to use our wood foundation for a latex mattress if not going directly on a futon or slat bedframe:
• The Wood Foundation is matched to the unique nature of latex mattresses, offering tremendous value as well. The Wood Foundation is made of naturally dried pinewood with interior wooden slats and covered in a natural cotton padding.
This is a great Kids Mattress choice!!!
Adults can use too - even if not for a futon - For Adults using without a futon we recommend pairing this with one of our great Earthsake mattress toppers! Voted as the most comfortable mattress toppers on the market today! Just click here to choose one of Earthsake's world renowned mattress toppers to put on top and this mattress becomes just as supportive and comfortable as many of our standard thickness mattresses!
QUESTIONS? CALL 877.268.1026 FOR CUSTOMER CARE
The Solstice Futon / 4-inch Latex Kids Mattress (2" natural latex + 2 " Organic Cotton/ PGwool) Care
Protect your mattress with one of our natural options:
• Pure Grow wool puddle pad
• Organic cotton flannel mattress protector
• Organic cotton jersey waterproof mattress protector
Alternate turning mattress from end to end and flipping mattress side to side every 2 weeks for the first 2 months. Turn once every 4-6 months thereafter.
Vacuum and Air – vacuum and/or air regularly which helps the natural fibers breathe.
Stains – Are best removed by simple spot cleaning. Apply a solution of 1:3 parts white distilled vinegar and water (you may also use a natural detergent to spot clean). Spray the solution on the spot, then allow to dry completely. If possible, moving the mattress into the sun to dry is most advantageous.
To insure proper ventilation always support mattress/foundation with a proper support system. Ideal support systems are boxsprings or slat systems. If you are placing mattress on plywood or solid surface, it is advisable that the surface be perforated for proper airflow. King/CA-King size bed-frames should have a center support system. Do not place mattress or foundation directly on the floor or on/in damp locations.
Do not use the handles when flipping or lifting mattress – handles are designed to guide the mattress into place after flipping. They cannot support the mattress’s weight and will detach if you try to lift the mattress with them.
The Solstice Futon / 4-inch Latex Kids Mattress (2" natural latex + 2 " Organic Cotton/ PGwool) Health
Our latex (natural foam derived from the hevea brasiliensis rubber tree) innately adjusts to the contours of your body, providing gentle orthopedic support for proper spinal alignment. In addition, latex foam reduces pressure areas and helps prevent restricted capillary blood flow, which can cause muscle aches, tossing and turning, and other sleep-related discomforts.
The natural foam latex contains no toxic substances, and emits neither fumes nor ozone-depleting gases. It is naturally mold and mildew resistant, and provides a most unfavorable environment for pesky dust mites. All in all, due to its hypoallergenic nature, latex is the perfect mattress material for allergy sufferers.
Learn More Here!
The Solstice Futon / 4-inch Latex Kids Mattress (2" natural latex + 2 " Organic Cotton/ PGwool) Shipping/Delivery
Earthsake offers 2 options (Silver or Gold) for your mattress home delivery within the continental US. We also offer a Berkeley pick-up service at our warehouse in Berkeley, CA. "LOCAL" Delivery service is within 50 miles of Berkeley, CA. Choose the service that best fits your needs. Delivery rates are based on mattress size and service level.
• "Silver Service" is a 2-person delivery, inside the threshold, stair carries (up to two (2) flights prior to the threshold).
• "Gold Service" includes inside placement, two flights of stairs, unpacking, debris removal, and mattress set-up.
• Extra Services:
• Additional stair carry is charged at a rate of $3 per step or $30 per floor, whichever is more.
• A Non-Standard Delivery/Pick-up Charge starting at $60 will apply whenever a delivery/pick-up outside the "Normal Business Hours" is requested: Normal Business Hours are Mon-Fri, excluding national and state holidays, between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
• Saturday or Sunday delivery/pick-up rates available by quote - call us to inquire.
• Mattress storage is free for the first 10 days. Mattress storage is $10 per item per day beginning on the 11th day.
• Mattress & boxspring/foundation delivery charges are not subject to any coupons or discounts.
• A charge of $55 per piece for the removal and disposal of an old mattress or mattress set.
• Call 877.268.1026 for special requests or deliveries outside of the continental US.
Custom made to order - Allow 2-4 weeks for production then 2 weeks for delivery. You can call us to inquire about an ETA for your order. After your items are produced you will be contacted to schedule a date and time for your home delivery or pick-up.
The $11 "California Recycle Fee" is now required by law for each mattress and boxspring/foundation piece to fund the Mattress Recycling & Recovery program.
The Solstice Futon / 4-inch Latex Kids Mattress (2" natural latex + 2 " Organic Cotton/ PGwool) Warranty/Exchanges
This is an Earthsake Mattress. You wont find the Earthsake Solstice mattress anywhere else - so accept no imitations. It says Earthsake on the outside so you know you can trust whats on the inside! Our label only goes on the best local, organic ingredients harvested and transformed into wonderful mattresses, pads & toppers, pillows & comforters - all custom-made in the USA for Earthsake!
All mattresses come with a standard 20-year mattress manufacturers warranty covering any manufacturing defects. They are also insured to cover any damages caused during a home delivery. Once signed by the receiving party, the responsibility of proper care is yours.
Exclusions from Warranty Coverage
¨ Merchandise sold “as is” or earthsake floor models
¨ Firmness preference (please ask about our exclusive one-time 30 day comfort exchange policy)
¨ Allergies or sensitivity to materials used
¨ Mold/Mildew occurrences
In accordance with health code laws, mattresses & boxsprings/foundations are non-returnable & non-refundable.
QUESTIONS? CALL 877.268.1026 FOR CUSTOMER CARE