The Utopia - An All Natural EZ Ship DIY Customizable Mattress Description
The Utopia is composed of 3 layers of 3" thick latex inside a zippable organic cotton and wool cover. You can choose to split the layers down the middle of the mattress to customize the perfect sleeping combination for you and your sleeping partner, even if they don't match! No compromises needed with this unique mattress system.
FACTS & FEATURES
• 100% pure all natural chemical-free latex (botanical).
• 6 split layers of customizable natural latex (3 - 3" layers on each side of the bed) wrapped in a 1" Organic Cotton Cover (containing locally grown Organic wool fleece) for a total 10" of mattress height. This height can vary by up to 1" in either direction(depending on layer density choices) which is completely normal and will not impact the function of your mattress.
• Naturally mold and mildew resistant
• No pesticides, petro-chemicals or toxic chemicals used
• Our local Organic California Wool is naturally flame resistant so there is no need for chemical flame retardants such as formaldehyde or PDBE, a known carcinogen, used in most commercial mattresses.
• Never has to be flipped with fully interchangeable layers.
• Naturally adjusts to the contours of your body, providing gentle orthopedic support for proper spinal alignment
• Made in the U.S.A.
10'' high mattress - Sizes: Twin (38x75”), Twin-X Long (38x79”), Full (53x75”), Queen (60x79”), Dual-King (76x79”), and CA King (72x83”).
No boxspring or foundation is necessary if you already have a slat bedframe. If you have a boxspring bedframe or metal bedframe you'll want to use either our Wood Foundation or EuroSlat system with this mattress. Find out more about these systems on the previous page.
The Utopia - An All Natural EZ Ship DIY Customizable Mattress Care
Protect your mattress with one of our natural options:
• Pure Grow wool puddle pad
• Organic cotton flannel mattress protector
• Organic cotton jersey waterproof mattress protector
Vacuum and Air – vacuum and/or air regularly which helps the natural fibers breathe.
Stains – Are best removed by simple spot cleaning. Apply a solution of 1:3 parts white distilled vinegar and water (you may also use a natural detergent to spot clean). Spray the solution on the spot, then allow to dry completely. If possible, moving the mattress into the sun to dry is most advantageous. Please do not try to wash or dry clean the removeable cover, they will skrink and will no longer cover your layers correctly. If you shrink the cover, it will not be covered under warranty, however you can purchase a replacement for it through us. Please call for a price quote.
To insure proper ventilation always support mattress/foundation with a proper support system. Ideal support systems are boxsprings or slat systems. If you are placing mattress on plywood or solid surface, it is advisable that the surface be perforated for proper airflow. King/CA-King size bed-frames should have a center support system. Do not place mattress or foundation directly on the floor or on/in damp locations.
The Utopia - An All Natural EZ Ship DIY Customizable Mattress Health
Free of synthetics, bleaches, dyes, fire-retardants or silicate barriers that may be found in other "organic" mattresses and memory foam mattresses. Our 100% Natural Latex does not contain synthetic or petroleum-based foams found in other latex mattresses. You've finally found the 100% all natural solution to customizable comfort!
The Utopia - An All Natural EZ Ship DIY Customizable Mattress Earth
The Earthsake Utopia mattress is one of the first and only all natural customizable latex mattresses to meet strict standards for sustainable organic purity.
The latex cores/layers use only 100% pure botanical natural latex from the Brazilian rubber tree, our latex is collected by hand in liquid form from the sap of rubber trees in 100% sustainable forests. The liquid is filtered by hand and spun in a centrifuge which whips the latex with air to create a milk shake-like consistency that is then poured into large ovens (similar to large belgian waffle irons). The latex is steam-cooked to solid form and then rinsed with drinkable water 3 times. No chemicals are ever introduced during the entire process at any time so you can be assured you have only the most natural, clean & green botanical latex in your mattress. Only pincore holes (air holes) remain in the latex cores which provide for all natural breathability & firmness/softness levels. This helps to reduce pressure areas while contouring to your body's curves and prevents restricted capillary blood flow, which can cause muscle aches, tossing and turning, and other sleep-related discomforts.
The Organic Cotton zipper-cover contains locally harvested Organic Cotton & PureGrow Wool quilting on the inside to provide added comfort, natural temperature regulation and, most importantly, all natural fire-retardancy - so no chemicals are ever needed or ever used --- ever. And the natural rubber/latex layers are 100% natural & chemical free - no toxic petrochemicals or polyurethanes are found in our latex like you find in memory foam and other "eco-friendly" latex mattresses.
The Utopia - An All Natural EZ Ship DIY Customizable Mattress Shipping/Delivery
Please specify if you would like this mattress boxed for EZ Shipping and DIY construction. If not it will be shipped as a complete mattress with the layers arranged inside as per your order - but the zipper cover will allow you to open and re-construct the mattress anytime as you wish and if necessary after shipping. Layers may shift during delivery so its important to make any adjustments necessary. Any Issues associated with a complete mattress delivery shipped fully constructed will have to be resolved by you at your expense. SO- if a mattress can not be delivered where you want it to go - please specify "EZ ship" in the comments section of your order.
Earthsake offers 2 options (Silver or Gold) for your mattress home delivery within the continental US. We also offer a Berkeley pick-up service at our warehouse in Berkeley, CA. Choose the service that best fits your needs. Delivery rates are based on mattress size and service level.
• "Silver Service" is a door to door delivery, inside the threshold, stair carries (up to two (2) flights prior to the threshold. The Utopia Mattress comes in 4 packages: 3 packages contain the customized layers you have chosen for the mattress. The final package contains the zippered mattress cover and Assembly Instructions.
• "Gold Service" includes inside placement, two flights of stairs, unpacking, debris removal..
• Extra Services:
• Additional stair carry is charged at a rate of $3 per step or $30 per floor, whichever is more.
• A Non-Standard Delivery/Pick-up Charge starting at $60 will apply whenever a delivery/pick-up outside the "Normal Business Hours" is requested: Normal Business Hours are Mon-Fri, excluding national and state holidays, between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
• Saturday or Sunday delivery/pick-up rates available by quote - call us to inquire.
• Mattress storage is free for the first 10 days. Mattress storage is $10 per item per day beginning on the 11th day.
• Mattress & boxspring/foundation delivery charges are not subject to any coupons or discounts.
• A charge of $55 per piece for the removal and disposal of an old mattress or mattress set.
• Call 877.268.1026 for special requests or deliveries outside of the continental US.
Custom made to order - Allow 2-4 weeks for production then 2 weeks for delivery. You can call us to inquire about an ETA for your order. After your items are produced you will be contacted to schedule a date and time for your home delivery or pick-up.
The Utopia - An All Natural EZ Ship DIY Customizable Mattress Warranty/Exchanges
This is an Earthsake Mattress. You wont find the Earthsake Utopia mattress anywhere else - so accept no imitations. It says Earthsake on the outside so you know you can trust whats on the inside! Our label only goes on the best local, organic ingredients harvested and transformed into wonderful mattresses, pads & toppers, pillows & comforters - all custom-made in the USA for Earthsake!
All mattresses come with a standard 20-year mattress manufacturers warranty covering any manufacturing defects. This does not cover any issues related to comfort layer choices. Sagging or Body impressions from soft layer choices are not covered. Body impressions and variations over time are normal and can be reduced with proper turning and flipping of the layers. The mattress and all components are insured to cover any damages caused during a home delivery. Inspect upon delivery and if anything is damaged -have the delivery person make note of it before signing or accepting. Then contact us immediately. Once a shipment is signed by the receiving party, the responsibility of proper care is yours.
What if it doesnt feel right and you want something softer or firmer? Not to Worry: You can exchange layers for up to 90 days if you dont have the right firmness level with the layers you order today. You'll only pay for shipping on any layer exchange within 90 days.
Exclusions from Warranty Coverage
¨ Merchandise sold “as is” or earthsake floor models
¨ Firmness preference (please see our Comfort layer exchange policy above)
¨ Allergies or sensitivity to materials used
¨ Mold/Mildew occurrences
In accordance with health code laws and manufacturer rules: mattresses & boxsprings/foundations are non-returnable & non-refundable. This is non-negotiable unfortunately.
QUESTIONS? CALL 877.268.1026 FOR CUSTOMER CARE