The Prescription-only Wool-free Organic Mattress Description
All Earthsake mattresses are free of chemical fire-retardants and we do not require a Doctor's Prescription to sell you one (though we will accept and fulfill a Doctor's Prescription with any of our mattresses) - you can go back and choose any of our other mattresses unless you have a rare and unusual allergy to wool when it is nearby even if it does not come in contact with you (ie. inside a mattress). If that's the case order this Prescription-only Wool-Free Mattress which uses no other fiber but organic cotton. Its tempered steel innerspring is layered in organic cotton, then wrapped in organic cotton. These layers are then hand-tufted to a cover of organic cotton. The organic cotton is grown in California and has no pesticides and no chemical treatments are used on this mattress. It passes the open-flame test laws for mattresses but it does not pass the cigarette-burn test, which is why we require a doctor's prescription for this mattress.
The organic cotton boxspring does not need to pass the cigarette-burn test and therefore meets all required fire-safety laws without the use of chemicals or wool. Therefore, no Doctor's prescription is required for the wool-free organic cotton boxspring.
• Two-sided mattress (can be flipped & turned)
• Heat-treated heavy-duty orthopedic innerspring unit layered and covered in 100% pure organic cotton!!
• 100% Us-grown organic cotton with no chemicals ever used in its growth, cleaning or processing
• Construction hand-tufted to a 100% organic cotton cover
• 100% Made in the U.S.A.
• Mattress requires a Doctors prescription (see explanation above)
• Boxspring does not require a Doctors prescription (see explanation above)
8" high mattress - Sizes: Crib (6"x27"x51"), Twin (38x75”), Twin-X Long (38x79”), Full (53x75”), Queen (60x79”), Dual-King (76x79”), and CA King (72x83”).
8'' high matching box spring - Sizes: Twin through CA King.
Firmness: Firm, Xtr/Super Firm.
Please note: The $11 "California Recycle Fee" is now required by law for each new mattress and boxspring/foundation unit sold in California. It is used to fund the Used Mattress Recycling & Recovery program. This program was designed by the State of California to keep used mattresses out of our landfills and recycled into other useful products instead. For more information visit: http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/Mattresses/
The Prescription-only Wool-free Organic Mattress Care
Protect your mattress with one of our natural options:
• Pure Grow wool puddle pad
• Organic cotton flannel mattress protector
• Organic cotton jersey waterproof mattress protector
Alternate turning mattress from end to end and flipping mattress side to side every 2 weeks for the first 2 months. Turn once every 4-6 months thereafter.
Vacuum and Air – vacuum and/or air regularly which helps the natural fibers breathe.
Stains – Are best removed by simple spot cleaning. Apply a solution of 1:3 parts white distilled vinegar and water (you may also use a natural detergent to spot clean). Spray the solution on the spot, then allow to dry completely. If possible, moving the mattress into the sun to dry is most advantageous.
To insure proper ventilation always support mattress/foundation with a proper support system. Ideal support systems are boxsprings or slat systems. If you are placing mattress on plywood or solid surface, it is advisable that the surface be perforated for proper airflow. King/CA-King size bed-frames should have a center support system. Do not place mattress or foundation directly on the floor or on/in damp locations.
Do not use the handles when flipping or lifting mattress – handles are designed to guide the mattress into place after flipping. They cannot support the mattress’s weight and will detach if you try to lift the mattress with them.
The Prescription-only Wool-free Organic Mattress Health
Our PureGrow Wool fleece is completely chemical-free and uncarbonized unlike most wool and in our Cloud mattress it is underneath layers of organic cotton and a 100% organic cotton cover. It never comes in contact with you. Also, most allergic reactions to wool are to the carbonization process that most wool is subjected to - not ours. It is fleece only and cleaned with water - no chemicals or carbonization. We have had no reports of any allergic reaction to any of our products containing Organic PureGrow wool fleece - So if you have a Doctor's Prescription for a mattress with no fire-retardants you can click here to choose any of our mattresses - the best chemical-free Organic Cotton Mattresses out there - click here!
The Prescription-only Wool-free Organic Mattress Shipping/Delivery
Earthsake offers 2 options (Silver or Gold) for your mattress home delivery within the continental US. We also offer a Berkeley pick-up service at our warehouse in Berkeley, CA. "LOCAL" Delivery service is within 50 miles of Berkeley, CA. Choose the service that best fits your needs. Delivery rates are based on mattress size and service level.
• "Silver Service" is a 2-person delivery, inside the threshold, stair carries (up to two (2) flights prior to the threshold).
• "Gold Service" includes inside placement, two flights of stairs, unpacking, debris removal, and mattress set-up.
• Extra Services:
• Additional stair carry is charged at a rate of $3 per step or $30 per floor, whichever is more.
• A Non-Standard Delivery/Pick-up Charge starting at $60 will apply whenever a delivery/pick-up outside the "Normal Business Hours" is requested: Normal Business Hours are Mon-Fri, excluding national and state holidays, between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
• Saturday or Sunday delivery/pick-up rates available by quote - call us to inquire.
• Mattress storage is free for the first 10 days. Mattress storage is $10 per item per day beginning on the 11th day.
• Mattress & boxspring/foundation delivery charges are not subject to any coupons or discounts.
• A charge of $55 per piece for the removal and disposal of an old mattress or mattress set.
• Call 877.268.1026 for special requests or deliveries outside of the continental US.
Custom made to order - Allow 2-4 weeks for production then 2 weeks for delivery. You can call us to inquire about an ETA for your order. After your items are produced you will be contacted to schedule a date and time for your home delivery or pick-up.
The $11 "California Recycle Fee" is now required by law for each mattress and boxspring/foundation piece to fund the Mattress Recycling & Recovery program.
The Prescription-only Wool-free Organic Mattress Warranty/Exchanges
This is an Earthsake Mattress. You wont find the Earthsake Solstice mattress anywhere else - so accept no imitations. It says Earthsake on the outside so you know you can trust whats on the inside! Our label only goes on the best local, organic ingredients harvested and transformed into wonderful mattresses, pads & toppers, pillows & comforters - all custom-made in the USA for Earthsake!
All mattresses come with a standard 20-year mattress manufacturers warranty covering any manufacturing defects. They are also insured to cover any damages caused during a home delivery. Once signed by the receiving party, the responsibility of proper care is yours.
Exclusions from Warranty Coverage
¨ Merchandise sold “as is” or earthsake floor models
¨ Firmness preference (please ask about our exclusive one-time 30 day comfort exchange policy)
¨ Allergies or sensitivity to materials used
¨ Mold/Mildew occurrences
In accordance with health code laws, mattresses & boxsprings/foundations are non-returnable & non-refundable.
QUESTIONS? CALL 877.268.1026 FOR CUSTOMER CARE